[Silly Little Cars] Transmission Woes.

sigmaz_1@yahoo.com via Silly_little_cars silly_little_cars at lists.sillylittlecars.com
Tue Sep 8 19:06:47 PDT 2015

    That would be great!On a positive note I see no signs of transmission fluid in the coolant.So one of two things may have taken place.Perhaps the cooler only leaks under pressure. I will test it in the next day or so. Or If I'm lucky, the contamination made its way in via dip stick.I noticed that the dipstick wasn't locked down into the tube when I initially checked it. Could rain water make its way down into it? This rig lived outside its whole life and for the last year it was sorely neglected.The p/o clearly did no maintenance in the 12 months they owned it.
I don't smell antifreeze in the fluid. It's just got a weak atf and friction material scent. No glycol sweetness to it all which I would have expected with the amount of strawberry milk I found in there.
Only tests will tell, but yeah a simple fix would be welcome.

------ Original message------From: Date: Tue, Sep 8, 2015 9:07 PMTo: sigmaz_1 at yahoo.com;Subject:Re: Transmission Woes.
Wouldn't it be great if it was just an o-ring failure?

Sent from my iPhone