[Silly Little Cars] Some pics of my roof rack in action

via Silly_little_cars silly_little_cars at lists.sillylittlecars.com
Tue Jun 2 15:47:10 PDT 2015

 How's your stability driving with those on your roof? I'd love to know how you went about making your roof racks, I have a 13" kayak/canoe hybrid I'd love to be able to throw on the roof and go. I know the newer models have the option of a roof height cargo box for the back, throwing around the idea if that's something worth trying to make as well.... (only concern would be stability!)

With all the diamond plate on your Interceptor, you should get some fenders for your rear wheels like I installed on mine. Will keep spray from your wheels at bay and keep your Interceptor cleaner. Also as I discovered, they are great for protecting your body panels if you get in a collision... Had a guy make a sharp left turn into my right rear wheel while I was going 40..... Only damage to me was my aluminum fender being bent and broken wheel center cap. Under 60 bucks later can't tell anything happened to me. Other guy had probably over 700 bucks worth of damage to his front bumper, fender, headlight and potentially internal damage. Installing the fenders was just a matter of centering them in the wheel well, drilling a few holes through the new fenders and the inner fender wells and riveting them in. No rivets broke from the collision, so installation technique works great! lol.

Fender: http://www.etrailer.com/Trailer-Fenders/CE-Smith/CE17960ATB.html