[Silly Little Cars] Some pics of my roof rack in action

Alec Bennett via Silly_little_cars silly_little_cars at lists.sillylittlecars.com
Tue Jun 2 15:26:45 PDT 2015

I'll try to make a blog post about it with some specifics since I really
like the design. If you're in the SF Bay Area, the guy who built it might
be interested in building more, I can connect you with him if you'd like.

Attached are some pics that I posted to the list a couple of months ago.
Note that the bars can pull out to make the span a bit wider. Really nice
design. The weld showing the bubbling is because he had to make a spacer,
you can see an indication of how good his welds are from the pic showing
the curve (image3.jpg).

If I made it again I'd definitely have a straight bar across, since
whatever you're carrying can slide down those slanted edges. I've been
thinking about welding a straight bar on, which would do it.