[Silly Little Cars] Water-cooled Cushmans

Charley clent at carolina.rr.com
Sun Feb 10 06:48:05 PST 2013

I don't have an Interceptor, but for engine and drive train parts I would be looking for someone who sold Kia or Hyundai, or whatever brand the drivetrain came from, or looking for an auto parts store who carried parts for them. Westward buys the drivetrain and makes the body. Since there are so many Kia and Hyundai cars around it should be easy to find the drivetrain parts that you need. The computer is likely also from the engine manufacturer since it is so necessary for engine control in 1970's and newer cars.

For the windshield wiper I would take what you have to the local auto parts store and get them to match it. I just got a windshield wiper blade and arm for my Truckster this way. It took the parts guys a little while, but they found an exact match for it. They also found that 1980 Ford F100 brake cylinder rebuild kits were the same as those for my truckster, and I have purchased other parts for it this way. Some truckster parts, like the brake master cylinder couldn't be found by the auto parts guys, but a local forklift sales/service parts department had an exact match sitting on their shelf and sold it to me for 1/2 what one sells for in the internet. They told me that several models of forklifts use the same master cylinder.
It's been cheaper and faster for me to buy what I need locally than trying to find parts on the internet or from the vehicle manufacturer. Sometimes it takes a little leg work, but it's worth it.

Charley