[Silly Little Cars] GO-4 Drivetrain and Parts question

bugnut at windstream.net bugnut at windstream.net
Sun Feb 10 08:01:10 PST 2013

Ed,
The mid 90’s run Mazda (Model “B” engine) drivetrains (also found in Ford Festiva) and 2000’s (?) up run Hyundai/Kia drivetrains.
The Hyundai cars (Atoz,Atos, and Amica)  that these drivetrains (1.0 L coupled to a 4 speed auto) are from were never sold in the US, only in the rest of the world. Dodge did import and sell them in Mexico for a while (branded as DODGE Altos). This site should have the manuals for both in the manual section.
The wiper arm ass’y are the panograph type common on buses and large truck.
I replace mine on my 2004 GO-4 and should have the place and numbers of the parts some where, I see if I can find it and let you know.
The part #’s in the 2000’s and up manuals are Hyundai number for the most part, but they are not available at your local dealer. Reviewing the manual will help a lot. You’ll get the part numbering system figured out easily.
Here’s the place I order most from:  http://www.fourgreen.com/store/scripts/openextra.asp?extra=11
Also some from RockAuto.com.
The computer’s are expensive and make sure you get one with the same software version or you may spend $$$ for nothing.
Good luck and happy motoring.
later,
Mike