[Silly Little Cars] 1977 truckster, tons of questions

Don Arntz donarntz at gmail.com
Wed Jul 11 10:57:00 PDT 2012

First: Is there somewhere I can download a service and tune up manual for
my 77 truckster?

Second: The guy I bought mine from said the tires are too small.  Can
someone tell me the correct size as well as a cheap brand?

Third: Fuel sending unit.  Is there a cheap way to patch that hole on the
tank, or do I have to buy a whole new/used  unit?  Do other units besides
the OEM fit and work on it?

Fourth:  Does the 22hp OMC us leaded or unleaded(substitute) fuel?!

Fifth:  Cheap ductwork solutions for repairing the heater?

Sixth: Replacement cloth doors source or DIY howto?

Seventh: Aftermarket gas tanks and battery trays that fit, or easy DIY
solutions?

Eighth:  Does anyone sell a SS body bolt and bolt set?  What are some
common sizes I can count on when replacing or plugging old bolt holes?

Ninth and last for now:  Has anyone taken theirs to a car window repair
place for new front and back windows?  How much did it cost you?  What
about repainting, how much did it cost you?  Mine has tons of rust, so I
was thinking of hitting it all over with a rust neutralizing coating,
bondoing a few rust holes and then getting a cheap coat of paint.

Thanks a ton for the help.  I know vespas and motorcycles, but this this is
a first.  I'm in the process of turning it into a espresso cart.  It will
just be driven to a fixed area for the day/morning for vending then back
home.  It doesn't have to be perfect,  just get me back and forth and not
look like sh*t, which it definitely does now.  If you guys can help me out,
I'm happy to post pictures of the process.

Thanks a ton in advance!

Don

--
B.R.M. Productions