[Silly Little Cars] Cushman police fuel pump

Javier javier.rivera0482 at gmail.com
Sat May 16 21:25:21 PDT 2020

Good day silly little car peeps,

Looking for a bit of help. Bought a 1994 cushman police with a Daihatsu 327 engine a few years ago as a project, but life threw a wrench into that plan.

Recently started working on it and realized the previous owner changed a few things and it seems to be missing a few things. The most obvious, he bypassed the original fuel pump and connected a 12V electric pump which spews gasoline into the carburetor none stop.

Does anyone here by any chance have one? Need to know a few things, if you don’t mind:
- Where do the four hose connections go?
- There is a screw-in connector missing on the side of my fuel pump that goes to the carburetor, what does it look like? Can you recommend an alternative?
- The manual says there should be a fuel pump rod, which seems to be missing on mine. Does it actually have one? What does it look like? Length/thickness? Material?
- Does it have an electric fuel pump?

Plan on swapping the engine for a VW type 3 down the road, but working with what I got for now. Any help would be GREATLY appreciated!

Javier