[Silly Little Cars] Insurance for Cushman - help!

Keith Charsha via Silly_little_cars silly_little_cars at lists.sillylittlecars.com
Thu Sep 22 19:51:24 PDT 2016

Has anyone considered a VW engine? It's aircooled also and almost an
exact size match for the cushman engine and with a doghouse cooler it
should fit with no alterations.  Everything would also be on the front
of the engine just like a cushman making it easy to work on and access.
It's nearly twice the HP @40HP and parts are cheap and easily found. I'd
think an adapter plate could be easily made that could bolt to the
bottom frame and come up in an L fashion to bolt on the motor and hold
it to the transmission.  I've seen one before many years ago and it was
able to do wheelies.  I can't remember exactly how the guy had it rigged
up, I was just a school kid back then.