[Silly Little Cars] 1. Truckster Re-Power (David Rosenblat via Silly_little_cars)

Jerry Caldwell via Silly_little_cars silly_little_cars at lists.sillylittlecars.com
Sun Dec 11 19:57:29 PST 2016

Hi All
Cushmans were rated at 1000 lbs pay load. Some early Trucksters had an
unbelievable rating of 1 ton capacity, On a 1974 we did a governor delete &
some-other minor mods it was able to do 40~45 mph. It all so had larger
tires on the rear. The pre 1975 18 HP engines have more compression than
the later 18 hp engines.

We have a 1961 in our shop that we beefed up the suspension for the heavy
ice cream box mounted on it.

 I'll post PIC's latter.

All 1975 and earlier models have the drive train mounted on a sub-frame
unlike any later models. My suggestion is to work with what you have and
make the best of it!

Best Regards
Jerry