[Silly Little Cars] Truckster Re-Power

Alec Bennett via Silly_little_cars silly_little_cars at lists.sillylittlecars.com
Sun Dec 11 16:50:05 PST 2016

> Harsh words, but reality.
>
> I have both, and you'd be far better off spending  $3-5k on a GO-4 in decent condition.

The trouble with the go4 chassis is that it's much harder to build something on them since the motor is in the bed area. On a cushman the motor is in the cab so the bed is totally flat. And he says he's going to be adding 700+ pounds to it so I'm guessing something is going to be added to the bed?

Here's some pics of me adding a photobooth to an old cushman and you can see the flat bed, so awesome for building on:

http://photoboof.com/galleries/burningboof.php

But man I sure do love to drive my interceptor more than all my old cushmi! Enough power to get up the hills and enough heat to keep it cozy!

That said I wonder what other powering options are out there? Cushman switched to watercooled engines in the middle of 1989 (I think), which might help in narrowing down which cushman engine to get? I've had both air and water cooled cushmi, and watercooled are definitely more powerful, but late model air cooled are probably a lot more powerful than a 67.