[Silly Little Cars] Tranny Woes ( FINISHED!! ) but....

Sigmaz via Silly_little_cars silly_little_cars at lists.sillylittlecars.com
Sun Sep 13 13:00:00 PDT 2015

Great news gang.. I got he transmission flushed for the last time and it feels great!..I don't think that it suffered any major damage and it should be good for a while.
Thanks for watching my updates and hanging with me during this trying time..
I was all ready to take it on it's maiden (after repair) voyage.I hopped in , shifted to reverse, and pulled back a few feet.I quickly stopped and remembered that I had forgotten to take the catch pan out and a three wheeler would run it over opposed to roll over it..
So I hopped out knelt down and reached under the rig to grab the pan. Thats when I was greeted with the sight of an oil waterfall pouring our of the inspection cover on the bell housing.
Evidently the rear main seal decided to give up the ghost today.. right now.. at the worst of times.
I saw a video on youtube mentioning that the seals could pop out of their seat and might need a retainer fabricated.
Has anyone run into this or does anyone know the guys in the video? I'd love to pick his brain for info on this matter..
Well, anyway.. I guess I'll be renaming my thread from transmission woes to main seal woes... .. FML. I just can't win.