[Silly Little Cars] insurance in Maryland

HAL hal1812 at yahoo.com
Mon May 19 04:55:55 PDT 2014

In Illinois, there are two different motorcycle licenses.  One for a 3 wheeler and one for a two wheeler.  You take the same written test and course test, but if you pass on a 3 wheeler, you only get the one for a 3 wheeler license.
Maybe your state only requires the motorcycle license for a two wheeler.  The course we have to do seems somewhat silly for a 3 wheeler to have to bother going through as we are not having to worry about falling over, etc.

Keep in mind that a lot of early electric vehicles were 3 wheeled in order to fall within the motorcycle definition and not having to meet the crash test for cars and were often enclosed.  My guess is that your state says if it is enclosed, no helmet required.