[Silly Little Cars] Fw: Re: Fuel Pump for Westward Go-4 Interceptor (HAL)

miatav8 at earthlink.net miatav8 at earthlink.net
Fri May 23 12:47:55 PDT 2014

I got the tank out and it was contaminated with water, probably since the go4 is missing a gas cap. The sender for the fuel level gauge and the fuel pump are both highly corroded. It is a mazda pump assembly and the pump and strainer look like standard 93 festiva parts. I bought a new pump and strainer advertised for a festiva for about $35 on Ebay today, along with a Sun fuel level sender for $20. The sender is probably not compatible with the brand of fuel level gauge I have but it is a standard 2" gauge hole. I'll just buy a Sun fuel level gauge for $20 when I get oil pressure and water temp gauges. Just needed a sender to fill the hole once the tank is clean.

Also fit a locking fuel filler by cross referencing Stant's catalog and taking some measurements. The unleaded restrictor plate was installed too close to the cap, so it had to be reworked with a unibit to clear the protruding end of the locking cap, after the tank was flushed and filled with water.