[Silly Little Cars] Silly_little_cars Digest, Vol 85, Issue 31

miatav8 at earthlink.net miatav8 at earthlink.net
Thu Jul 31 04:57:47 PDT 2014

Thanks for the glimpse into your resume, JW. You are correct. I have not taught high school students, but in my current role, one of my tasks is to determine the competency of mechanics and authorize those that are to test for aircraft mechanic licensing. I'm also a Master ASE, FAA Airframe and Powerplant Mechanic, hold an FCC electronics license with radar endorsement and I'm also EPA licensed for refrigerant handling. I also asses and authorize aircraft modifications, investigate aircraft accidents, have experience with FEA and CFD, perform mig, stick, and gas welding, have my own metal lathe for machining, build composite structures, etc. I am learning to sew upholstery with an antique pfaff industrial machine I picked up. I could go on. I am also frequently not the smartest person in the room.

I do get sarcasm, and congratulate you on knowing how many cylinders you have;)

Sbc, there is a plethora of Steves here.

Unlike my p35 with an aftermarket ac system, the go4 ac system components I've seen on Ebay appear to be the standard auto parts. Two, 12oz cans should be close to the correct amount but it needs to be done with gauges not only to check the low side pressure but also to ensure the high side pressure is appropriate. Also, if there is nothing in the system now, a vacuum should be pulled before charging so harmful acids do not form in the system, causing corrosion that eventually ruins the system. A good vacuum pump is about $250. Quality gauge sets are another $200 or so. I'd at least initially have it vacuumed and charged by a shop if the charge is so low the compressor does not engage.

Steve