[Silly Little Cars] Oregon DMV and silly little cars

Alec Bennett wrybread at gmail.com
Thu Mar 14 09:03:22 PDT 2013

> WHENEVER you consider one that has NO title, point out that your state
> requires them to be titled (whether or not they are on the road, usually
> that is the case anyway) and that basically it is a parts vehicle now.  If
> they want to give you a bill of sale, tell them that won't work (it doesn't
> in most states).  Tell them you'll pay their asking price, if they get it
> titled.  Then LOWBALL BIGTIME because it is going to be a hassle to get it
> titled and registered.

That hasn't been my experience here in California at all. I've brought the
bill of sale to the DMV and had a temp plate that day, and a title and perm
plate in the mail in 2 weeks.

Actually no title can be a good thing, since it lets you lowball, but its
super easy and routine to deal with at the DMV...