[Silly Little Cars] 1996 Go-4 Wiper Motor Ass'y (UPDATE)

Mike Warren bugnut at windstream.net
Thu Aug 2 05:37:13 PDT 2012

Big THANK YOU to Aren for the conatct info at DODA USA.
There should be a new replacement headed my way in a week or so.
The contact person is out of office till early next week, but did e-mail me right back.
He's going to get me the info and pricing upon his return first of next week.
I dismantled the old motor and found it basically melted down and locked the armature.
Figured what the heck, it ain't going to get more broke so....
I cussed, yanked, more cussing and finally pulled the armature out.
10 min. in the lathe and all the burnt stuff was gone and it was all shiney again.
Polished the brush contact area while it was spinning with some emery cloth and it was time to re-assemble.
Put it all back together and SHAZAM, the the gods smiled has the little motor that couldn't decided it could after all.
Doesn't sound to good and it runs a bit warm, but it works well enough till the replacement arrives.
Some days in  the life of a Silly Little Car owner just make one say OOOOO!  AHHHH!.
Later ya'll,
Mike