[Silly Little Cars] Sticky forks

Jonathan Seutter ultrask824 at yahoo.com
Tue Mar 1 21:28:52 PST 2011

We took the front fork tubes on my 96 apart, didnt find any evidence of oil leaks - replaced the O ring gaskets on the fork caps - filled back up w 16oz 20/50w, replaced front wheel bearings - drat!  Still sticking, not up and down freely moving....
I wonder if the previous owner ran the front wheel into something and tweeked the fork tubes?
What would be the fix?  MME in Sac says I can upgrade to the newer style front end for $2500 - uh, that won;t be happening..
Replace the fork tubes?  The fork swivel does not appear to be stressed anywhere...
Looking for some love here..
Meanwhile, cv boot replaced, cv joint good, valve cover gasket replaced, and the motor is purring...  Heater works good.....  ready to start w the cosmetics after the front end situation is solved...
Jonny