[Silly Little Cars] 2003 Interceptor ECU Questions

Mike Warren bugnut at windstream.net
Fri Jul 15 06:35:50 PDT 2011

Hi All,

Seems my 2003's ECU has gone bad. It still runs, but poorly. (LIMP HOME MODE)
Mileage has dropped to less than 20 mpg. Way down from the norm.
Showing error codes for mis-fire on all cylinders and bad prom.
Can't clear codes at all now.
Doesn't surprize me as it was under water at some point in its life. But that's another story.
I know the Atoz, Getz and Amica used the same ECU's but can't find a good used one with my ECU number (39110-02860).
Most of what I've found are for manual transmissions.
So here are my questions.
Anyone have a good source for ECU's ?
You think a manual ECU would work ?
Think one from a 1.1 L would run Ok ?
Or should I just drop the $450 plus shipping for a new one from Europe ?

Oh yea, anyone have the Operator's Manual for 1996 Interceptor with the pictures in it ?
The one I downloaded from the site has no pictures showing the controls and dash layout.
Thanks,
Mike