[Silly Little Cars] Silly little Q.s

Steve Clark sclark1 at flash.net
Fri Nov 19 11:07:51 PST 2010

No.  Just a lot of questions that take time to answer; and acquiring
information also can also mean passively auditing what is being
communicated.  If this was a pay subscription site, I might understand your
seemingly "pushy" expectations.  That being said . . .

1.  Are there any other models similar to the GO-4?  Yes.  But availability
is the question.  Cushmans (Westcoaster, and others like it)  and GO-4s are
the most common.

2.  Is the Go-4 Interceptor suitable for extensive street driving, meaning
could I reliably drive 40-50 mile round trips 3 times a week in them?  The
G0-4s seem to be reliable for short junkets and low speed trips.   Some
people use them on the express-way, but they were meant more for in town
driving.

3.  What is it's realistic top speed?  With governor - 40 mph, without
governor, I have seen them go 70 mph.

4.  are any of these SLCs capable of holding more than one passenger?  In
general no (concerning Cushmans and GO-4s).  They are meant for one person.
However, You will find some that have been modified.

5. Who can I best turn to to customize them (for storage, catering, bikes,
etc)?  This a local thing.  Use the internet, yellow-pages, and shop around
for shops that do custom work.

6.  I'm in California; do I need to have a motorcycle license to drive
these?  Not sure about Calif., but in general, you need a motorcycle license
as these vehicles are considered motorcycles for licensing, registration and
insurance.

7.  What sorts of accessories are popular?  To each his own and mostly
custom.

8.  How comfortable is the seating?  Average to not very.  Is it possible to
install more comfortable seats?  Yes.

9.  Can these cars tow small trailers etc?  Yes.

10.  How many miles are they good for  lifetime?   Depends on maintenance
and parts availability.  Your answer is in the age of some of these vehicles
still on the road.  Are there any danger points like say 50k for some
domestic US cars?  Danger points?????  Unknown.

11.  What sorts of general security issues are involved with these cars (hot
wiring etc.)?  Later Cushman's and GO-4s have locking doors. Not sure about
early models.  I would say the security issues are similar to any other
enclosed lockable vehicle.  I.E., if a professional thief wants your
vehicle, he will get it.

12.  Are they noisy to drive?  Not really.  The stock engines and exhausts
are about as noisy as your car.  How is the ride in general?  Rough like a
mid-sized motorcycle, sports car,  or just a little bit worse.  A Cadillac
this ain't.