[Silly Little Cars] alternator issue

Alec Bennett wrybread at gmail.com
Wed May 13 15:48:58 PDT 2009

> simplest fix is to replace the whole thing

I called Direct Parts and they quoted $345 for a new one... I'm
guessing there's some other car that uses this alternator though,
hopefully much cheaper there. I'll try the alternator shop route and
see what happens.

In the meantime I'm driving around with no alternator and a multimeter
telling me when I'm going to lose power... It's kind of like having an
electric car.

Speaking of which, I now have a shop with a nice parking lot perfect
for charging an electric car... Does anyone know of any electric
cushmans or similar for sale?