[Silly Little Cars] Motorcycle license not required - CVC 12804.9

Dan Das Mann dandasmann at gmail.com
Fri Jul 31 09:53:41 PDT 2009

Ah hah, now that is interesting. But we still need to deal with sacramento
as they seem to be regularly making this thing complicated. Here is my (and
shlomo's story)
He bought my interceptor months ago. I went into sf dmv to get the vehicle
changed over to motorcycle status. I had already gone in 3 other times to no
avail. On this fourth trip, the woman helping me tried to convert the thing
to a motorcycle and could not get the computer to do it. Over the course of
30 minutes, she had half of the office working on it. Finally they decided
to make it a suspense and send the docs to sacramento. It seemed peachy. In
the mean time, it continued to rack up tickets. A lot of tickets. I got docs
back from sacramento a few weeks ago saying some shit about it being an auto
and that it needed a smog. Again. They sent me a blank form along with this
letter stating that the vehicle needed to be inspected. Again.All of the
other paperwork is now in some file in sacramento. No one will help and the
thing is in impound. Shlomo can't get it out because there is no
registration and all the paperwork is gone. I am on my way to the dmv to see
what can be done. But they are probably closed because it is Friday. The
whole thing is fucking ridiculous. Somehow we need to get this shit worked
out from the top so this doesn't keep happening. Although we on the list now
know a few people at the dmv who can get the interceptors and cushmans
registered correctly, I also feel for all the other people out there who are
buying them and getting in these screwey situations. I suggest that we have
an interceptor/cushman rally to sacramento and demand a meeting with the
people who handle this shit. We could get like 10, 15... 40 of us. It would
be fun and productive. 'Course, we wouldn't want to show up on a Friday
since the state is closed every other friday now. How many cushmans and
interceptors do we have between us? 30? 50? Let's have some fun and get
thisd shit fixed at the top. Just remember that all the time we are
collectively spending at various dmv's on this problem is useless to the
cause. A trip to sacramento is well worth the day we will spend solving this
once and for all.
I propose the "second annual cushman crawl" to go straight to sacramento.
There are a number of problems to solve, including the lack of that pesky
engine number...
Who's in?