[Silly Little Cars] New 2009 California 3 wheel motorcycle laws

Dan Das Mann dandasmann at gmail.com
Thu Aug 20 10:47:22 PDT 2009

the problem with this assessment is weather they choose to keep the non
motorcycle classification for cushmans and interceptors after they leave
public service. it is really a matter of interpretation, but i dont think
the intention is for these vehicles to be considered motorcycles any more.
actually, after reading these new laws, i am convinced that fully enclosed 3
wheel vehicles are now *definitely* considered cars and not motorcycles, but
can be used in hov lanes. i believe, as i think the nice people in
sacramento believe, that the new law is designed to make these *cars* in
this state. this means that they must be taken to the referee station to get
permanent smog exemption. this does not mean that there are some dmv agents
who will do the motorcycle change over, but i think this will become harder
as time goes on and will actually make some of us go through way more
hassle. my suggestion is to just go get the exemption and be done with the
thing.
- dan das mann
www.headlesspoint.com
www.dandasmann.com