[Silly Little Cars] Insurance!

Les Miller opel.gt19691973 at gmail.com
Tue Mar 13 14:46:46 PDT 2018

I ran into the same problem not too long ago. It took me weeks of calling
dozens of insurance companies only to be turned down dozens of times. I was
able to insure it with Progressive only to have it cancelled a few weeks
later. I did it online as suggested on a post by identifying it as a North
American manufacturer and a trike. It went through but in a few weeks I got
a cancellation notice from Progressive once again. All I can say is to
repeatedly call companies, even the same companies with different
Underwriters at different offices.  I called two different State Farm
companies, one wanted to write it as a car and it was extremely expensive
but the other rated it as a motorcycle for less than half the cost. I
finally have insurance after 3 months of frustration.  It is through State
Farm Insurance as a motorcycle. Unfortunately it is twice as much as it
would have been through Progressive. Each state is different and
unfortunately the insurance companies have you over a barrel because most
states do not mandate companies cover even though the unit is recognized by
the government as a legal vehicle.  They do not have to supply you
insurance. Good luck with your endeavor.  I would suggest starting with
State Farm. Thanks.