[Silly Little Cars] State Farm alternative

Charley clent at carolina.rr.com
Thu Jan 4 09:09:09 PST 2018

We are already a club, well sort of.

We are kind of a "virtual club" already, but not official. We have no scheduled meetings or dues, but we get together and exchange information on the internet.

I belong to another "virtual club", www.ncwoodworker.net and they are recognized as a legit non-profit club in the eyes of the IRS. They have an "official meeting" for 15 minutes every year as part of the annual picnic in May to elect the officers for the coming year. Otherwise there are no official meetings. An annual raffle earns enough money to cover the internet and website costs, plus any legal and USPS costs of operation. I don't think it would take much to convert our internet email group and Silly Little Cars website into a similar styled "official virtual club", but I'm only an email subscriber here, and at this time I only own a Cushman 4 wheeler, but I'm in the market  for a Go-4 Interceptor II or III in good condition and located somewhere on the East Coast so I have a deep interest in this insurance problem.

Here in NC, if you put a "Slow Moving Vehicle" (farm vehicle) reflective sign on the back of any 4 wheeled golf cart or similar vehicle that has flashing yellow lights visible to the front and rear, it seems to be considered as a "farm vehicle" and it doesn't need a license plate or insurance as long as it is being driven by a NC licensed driver and only operated on secondary roads. The police follow me, then wave as they pass me. I've never been stopped in 5 years of driving my 4 wheel Cushman Truckster on the roads around here. It's mostly used to maintain my property and buildings, but I do use it to go to Lowes, Wal-Mart, Home Depot, and my son's home 10 miles from here. I have liability insurance for it (not required, but for my peace of mind) through Farm Bureau, but my home, properties, cars, and trucks are also insured through them.

Charley