[Silly Little Cars] Parts

Charley via Silly_little_cars silly_little_cars at lists.sillylittlecars.com
Wed Jul 19 14:04:36 PDT 2017

I have a 1987 Truckster and I have had to find many parts for it, sometimes in some very unconventional places. What are you looking for?

BTW the parts manual and supplement manual 898767 are on the sillylittlecars website as pdf files. Click on "Manuals" on the main screen. Then click on the text for "Shop Manuals" and you will find the list for download.. The supplement has the motor information and electrical schematics. The main manual is mostly parts lists and exploded views of the various assemblies. This manual contains models that should be very close, if not exact, to your Truckster, if your Cushman is a Truckster, Vanster, or Police Truckster. Cushman didn't change much from year to year, making the same basic model for several years before making significant changes.

Tell me more about your Cushman and what you need for it. (pictures sometimes help too - we all like to see what everyone else has).

I can almost certainly help with parts sources that are cheaper than Ebay. You won't find sources for new sheet metal body parts, but the steering, suspension, motor, transmission and rear differential parts, etc. are still available. Cushman made the sheet metal body and chassis parts, but bought the rest from other OEM manufacturers and then assembled their products from them. The trick is to find where these parts came from, without a Cushman cross reference list. You most certainly will not find everything from one source. Steering knuckles, brake cylinders, brake shoes, brake master cylinder, OMC motor parts, etc. are all available if you know what you need and where to find them, but they or something close and useable is even frequently available through local auto parts stores. I can even buy a completely new 22 hp short block OMC engine (main part of the engine) from 2 sources, if I'm willing to pay for it (not cheap). I would search Ebay for the sheet metal used and stuff that is truly no longer available, but not the mechanical or electrical parts. Why buy used mechanical and electrical wear parts when new is still available, for likely less money than Ebay. I have several OMC motors worth of used parts, so I may be able to help if you need a motor part that is not a normal wear item, and I'm very reasonable, so it doesn't hurt to ask if I have what you need.

I fix my own Truckster, but back when these vehicles were relatively new and in industrial use, the forklift repair shops or plant mechanics took care of them. Maybe you can find a forklift and / or an industrial equipment repair shop nearby that Is willing to work on it for you. Here, I buy some of what I need from R S Brasswell Co., a forklift repair shop and Bobcat Equipment dealer in Kannapolis, NC

Charley