[Silly Little Cars] requesting advise

Sasha via Silly_little_cars silly_little_cars at lists.sillylittlecars.com
Fri Sep 9 11:58:53 PDT 2016

Daphne-

I have one and I do love it. My understanding is that these are just not
legal for freeway. They won't go fast enough (even with mods) and I
don't think they are legal in part because of this.

Try talking to Jerry at Tin Chariot 415-822-4450, he works on these
sweet little beasties. He keeps mine running.

The one thing I would note, as with any older car, there are lots of
expenses and poor gas millage.

Still it is a great around town car.

---
Sincerely,
Sasha

On 2016-09-08 17:59, Daphne Vega via Silly_little_cars wrote:

> Hi- I am looking at a Cushman Truckster that is for sale and would love some advise. I really need to be able to travel between SF and the East Bay. I am fine with figuring out all surface street routes but I would need to take it across the bridge. If anyone out there would be willing to chat with me about their experience with upgrading or mods, and whether or not it can me made legal for highways (I think the bridge is considered a highway?) I would greatly appreciate it.
>
> I have been wanting one of these for a while now and I know I could go the way more practical route and just get a truck- but I just love these silly little cars!
>
> Please email me directly and I can share my number.
>
> daphnevega1 at gmail.com
>
> Thanks
> Daphne

Links: