[Silly Little Cars] Top speed 1968 & 1969 Truckster

Keith Charsha via Silly_little_cars silly_little_cars at lists.sillylittlecars.com
Sun Apr 10 20:11:01 PDT 2016

On 4/10/2016 4:48 PM, David Rosenblat via Silly_little_cars wrote:

> Hello silly car enthusiasts!
> First I'd like to tell you how happy I am to have found this group.
> This is awesome!
> I have two cushman trucksters ('68 & '69) models 880714 and 880717. I
> just rebuilt one and it runs great with the OMC 18-22 HP motor. Yet I
> would like to increase the top speed to at least 35mph with 500-800lbs
> of weight. Currently top out at 24mph. Can anyone help direct me to a
> motor, trans, worm drive, or new rear end & motor swap that could
> reach 35mph.
> Thanks for your time and knowledge!

Most likely you have a low speed rear end.  You can tell the difference
by the tag on the pumpkin but I don't remember specifically what it
says.  Should be in one of the manuals somewhere.  High speed rear end
will get you that extra 10 mph.  You also might want to join the yahoo
cushman group.  Tons of people there who have and work on just cushmans
like yours. https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/cushman4wheels/info