[Silly Little Cars] Insurance for go-4 interceptor 3. In NYC

Keith Charsha via Silly_little_cars silly_little_cars at lists.sillylittlecars.com
Sun Apr 10 19:58:55 PDT 2016

On 4/10/2016 12:00 PM, Peter Daddeo via Silly_little_cars wrote:
> I had a cushman a couple years ago and used Geico, no problem.
>
> Now that I have a go-4, no one will insure me.  Not with geico, progressive and Farm Bureau.
>
> Anyone have advice for this brooklynite?
>
> Peter DAddeo
> (860) 778-5656

I'm in California and I have Progressive.  When I called them and tried
to insure my Go 4 they took all my info, put me on hold for 20 minutes
and then came back on and told me they couldn't insure it. I got off the
phone and looked up a few more companies online and they all wanted
around $30 a month to insure it, if they even approved it.   Then I
figured what the hell I'll try and get a policy online with Progressive
instead of talking to them on the phone and see what happens.  I listed
it as a 1000 cc motorcycle, 500 annual expected miles and as a pleasure
vehicle.  I played dumb and said it was as an american motorcycle since
there was no listing for westward industries or Go 4 in any of the drop
boxes and canada is technically in north america.  Within a few minutes
I was approved and was able to print out my insurance card right then
and there.  The insurance cost me $12 a month and since I already had a
policy with them for my car I got a multi policy discount that took $6 a
month off of my car policy.  So basically I got my Go 4 insured for $6 a
month.  The previous owner of my Go 4 had it insured with state farm so
there are companies out there that will insure it. Progressive is
supposed to be the lowest though.  Good luck.