[Silly Little Cars] seal woes

sigmaz_1@yahoo.com via Silly_little_cars silly_little_cars at lists.sillylittlecars.com
Tue Sep 15 16:39:40 PDT 2015

    The factory part I have is 21443 02500
The 21443 02501 is The same size (60x75x8mm) but the differences are in composition.The 02500 is nitrile butadiene rubberAnd the 02501 is made of silicone elastomer.
The silicone seal you have is way better because it can handle a higher temp range and being packed into the back of a little scooter would classify in my mind as an extreme condition.
I would love to get a hold of that 02501 seal.. It would be a one and done installation. Chances are it'll outlast the rest of the rig.
Thanks!!

------ Original message------From: Date: Tue, Sep 15, 2015 6:49 PMTo: sigmaz_1 at yahoo.com;Silly Little Email List;Subject:Re: [Silly Little Cars] seal woes
Just found this one in the same bag of gasket.In it’s seal bag also.Hyundai #21443 02501.Later,Mike From: mailto:silly_little_cars at lists.sillylittlecars.com Sent: Tuesday, September 15, 2015 6:21 PMTo: george-pamela at sbcglobal.net Cc: Sigmaz via Silly_little... Subject: Re: [Silly Little Cars] seal woes It's really not that bad. If you have a place to take your time to do it the task isn't as daunting. The biggest snag I hit was I had to split one of the nuts on the cat where the flexible pipe connects to it.20 seconds with a cutoff wheel and a little tap of a chisel and it was free. The biggest hurdle I've run into is finding a local supplier to get a new seal. But the biggest tip is to remove the trunk box and rear panel. It makes working on this thing so much easier and gives full access. Another tip is to perch the rig up on stands or on a lift. You'll be climbing under it so you want some room to work.Good luck. Its not that bad. ------ Original message------From: G. Gliksman Date: Tue, Sep 15, 2015 5:47 PMTo: sigmaz_1 at yahoo.com;Subject:Re: [Silly Little Cars] seal woes Hi there: My 2002 Go-4 has a serious rear main oil leak.  How difficult is it to take out the engine ? George