[Silly Little Cars] Tranny woes update

sigmaz_1@yahoo.com via Silly_little_cars silly_little_cars at lists.sillylittlecars.com
Wed Sep 9 19:39:16 PDT 2015

    Ok so tonight after all my domestic duties were finished I was able to work on the I3 .
I removed the rear panel and trunk liner to gain better access to the engine. I removed the airbox and associated garbage and finally I could get to the cooler module.I removed the hoses and cracked the big bolt loose. Up and off it came without much fiddling.
I cleaned the module inside and out in the parts cleaner and then tanked the piece in a tub of water and applied air pressure to the water side of it.Surprisingly I saw no bubbles rising from the core of the cooler... None, nada, zip.
I blew everything out again and dried it off. Wiped a little bearing grease on the oring and banjo bolt and reassembled it.
Tomorrow I'll work on purging the torque converter of the strawberry milk. I have 3 gallons of sacrificial Wal-Mart transmission fluid to run through it.
Could it just be as simple as the Previous owner poured water into the filler tube?It is a mere 1" away from the radiator... Compound that with the fact that it was owned by people not accustomed to maintaining vehicles.. It did come from Brooklyn... Boro park to be more precise and if you know the area you know what I'm saying.