[Silly Little Cars] Transmission woes...

sigmaz_1@yahoo.com via Silly_little_cars silly_little_cars at lists.sillylittlecars.com
Mon Sep 7 10:00:09 PDT 2015

    Lovely.
Today I take it in a little voyage and about 40 mins in it started making somewwierd noises .I came to a stop and it felt like the transmissio. Wasn't disengaging and almost stalled before it let go.
I go a little further and again come to a stop same thing... When I tried to go again it spun free and then banged into gear.. I drive one more mile and. pulled into the truck stop down by the interstate. Pulled the dipstick and it looked like milk and cookies. There is a. Obvious sign of clutch disk particles and the oil is a frothy grey.
I'm livid! I noticed yesterday that the transmission felt like it was shifting based on pressure and not so much like the computer was helping it decide which gear to be in.For instance climbing a hill floored it wouldn't kick down until the speed dropped to 40.I also found a cut grey wire in a small loom that appears to have 3 or 4 conductors in it. It runs to the back of the transmission on the drivers side into the top of what I'd assume was the valve body.  Not sure, not am I sure it's related but I'm real upset right now.Are transmission parts available?I guess I'll be taking a crack at rebuilding it? I don't know what to do. I'm so angry right now. At myself for not checking the fluid and at the previous owner for neglecting it. Dammit!!!Any help or suggestions are welcome.
For now I sit in the taco bell trying to figure out how I'm getting out of here....