[Silly Little Cars] Brake Lights Out

Mike Aisenfeld via Silly_little_cars silly_little_cars at lists.sillylittlecars.com
Tue Oct 13 12:14:57 PDT 2015

Hey Everyone,
This question isn't nearly as exciting as some of the recent posts, but it will be very helpful to fix.  I have a 99 Interceptor (Ford powertrain) and my brake lights went out a few weeks back.  I would usually check the fuse and then replace the switch if it wasn't a fuse.  I hit a wall with both of these simple tasks.
Rather than a standard fuse box, there seems to be a series of large square fuses along the engine compartment just behind the cab.  The previous owner painted over all of the fuses when the car was painted so I don't know which is which.  I also don't know how to test these types of fuses.  Any idea which one would control the brake lights or how to test them?I then thought I would just replace the brake switch, but you can't access the back of the master cylinder from the front when you remove the sheet metal panel and the dash is riveted together.  I can drill through the rivets, but I thought I would check in before I started taking things apart.  Any pointers here?
Many thanks,
MikeSF