[Silly Little Cars] Looking to buy a cushman

Alec Bennett via Silly_little_cars silly_little_cars at lists.sillylittlecars.com
Mon Sep 8 09:33:40 PDT 2014

I've owned both as well. Cushmans have a lot of advantages over interceptors: they're way easier to maneuver into tight spaces, are much shorter so you can park perpendicularly in cities a lot easier, are donut making machines if that's your thing, are infinitely cuter in my opinion, and generally easier to work on.  Much much simpler vehicles.

Interceptors have lots more power, are a smoother ride, are much safer, and more comfortable in general. But you pay for all that in the purchase price (usually). And they're really long, longer than a smart car, so you can't legally park them perpendicularly, though we all do, and in years of doing it I've only gotten one ticket. But on narrow streets you need to watch it, and definitely don't park too close in front of someone or you'll box them in. And they look like props from The Terminator, which may or may not be a good thing.

I like to say that Cushmans are like motorcycles with little cars built around them, and Interceptors are like cars stripped down to motorcycles.

------
Sent from my gizmo.