[Silly Little Cars] Insurance

Michael Norton via Silly_little_cars silly_little_cars at lists.sillylittlecars.com
Sun Sep 7 07:18:04 PDT 2014

California, Department of Motor Vehicles

Vehicle Industry News VIN 2011–16

Three-Wheel Motor Vehicle Update New Information Three-wheel motorcycles that are operated by public agencies to enforce parking laws are issued exempt automobile plates. Upon sale and transfer of ownership to a private party, they must be registered as a motorcycle and issued regular motorcycle plates. Procedures Upon transfer of ownership the applicant is required to submit:  A bill of sale and all supporting documents required to transfer a vehicle, as shown in the Basic Transfer Requirements section in the Vehicle Industry Registration Procedures Manual §§11.010, 11.180.  A completed Application for Title or Registration (REG 343) signed by the applicant.  A completed Vehicle Verification (REG 31) to verify the engine number.  All fees due.  The exempt license plates. Background Three-wheel motorcycles used by local public agencies to enforce parking are issued exempt automobile plates. However, upon sale to a private party, a regular motorcycle license plate must be issued per California Vehicle Code (CVC) §400(d). Distribution Notification that this memo is available online at www.dmv.ca.gov under Publications was made via California DMV’s Automated E-mail Alert System in June 2011. Contact Call the DMV Customer Communications Section at (916) 657-6560 for further clarification of this memo. Upon request, this document can be produced in Braille or

large print.

JEAN SHIOMOTO, Deputy Director Communication Programs Division

VIN2011-16 © 2011 State of California, Department of Motor Vehicles. All rights reserved. Visit our Web Site—dmv.ca.gov