[Silly Little Cars] conventional wisdom about GO-4

goaliefergy1 at aol.com goaliefergy1 at aol.com
Tue Jul 29 12:06:11 PDT 2014

Yeah 2001 was the change over to Hyundai powertrain. I don't believe there's ever been Geo/Suzuki 3 cylinder motors. I know the early models of Hyundai had a 1.0 4 cylinder, but now the newest come with the Hyundai 1.0l 3 cylinder. Does anyone know which year they changed from the 4 to 3?

In regards to the Ford/Mazda/Kia motors, feasibly any mazda B3 or B6 model engine should be able to mount up (wiring and computers are a different story). I've always wanted to drop in a 1.6l Turbo motor in mine.... Perk of the Ford Go-4's is the individual universal type gauges used!

In regards to the Hyundai/Kia 3 cylinder motors, I'm not sure what model transmission they use (it is a 4 speed automatic). If the transmission would accept it, would be pretty sweet (if you could find one) to put in a Ford Eco-Boost 1.0l cylinder crate motor (it's a Hyundai based motor). I would think you'd have to do a whole new wire harness and instrument cluster though IF it were able to bolt up to the transmission.