[Silly Little Cars] Where can I get a few parts for my 1987 Cushman Truckster? (+ other questions)

Sarah Noyes via Silly_little_cars silly_little_cars at lists.sillylittlecars.com
Fri Dec 12 13:41:25 PST 2014

Hello,

I purchased a Cushman Truckster (though the jury seems to be out of that
model name). See attached photo.  Was owned a super upstanding fella, Theo.
Jerry Caldwell did a lot of work on it, took for-evah!  So after two months
it still lacks a couple of key parts.

* A fan that blows the heat from the engine to the exhaust (blower motor in
cushman jargon?)

* Two side rear view mirrors

* Two seatbelts

Where do folks recommend I get these parts in a somewhat speedy fashion?

And I am in the market for a very inexpensive paint job.  Was quoted $2500
from some friend of Jerry's (crazy!) --  but would be open to ~$600 as
it'll be super simple.

Lastly, I am going to install the seatbelts and a simple two-seat bench.
Any ideas on where to find this and that to make the bench?  And Jerry
recommends installing a protective barrier directly behind the passangers,
so also seeking a way to make that happen.

So stoked to get this beauty on the road and un monton de gracias for
everyone's help in a dream come true.  Do y'all ever have cushman
convergences? I'd be happy to throw one together in the near future.

Onwards and upwards, Sarah

--
c: (415) 713-4155
www.noyes-works.com