[Silly Little Cars] 1997 Go-4 Interceptor Not starting

goaliefergy1 at aol.com goaliefergy1 at aol.com
Sun Aug 31 21:02:34 PDT 2014

I've been battling a starting issue for a while. It began as off and on not starting (would eventually start). It stopped starting all together and when I checked the diagnostic codes, the cam position sensor code was being triggered. It's in the distributor, so got a reman'd one and it started 3 times and then stopped starting again. I was suspect of the park/neutral safety switch (speed sensor mini-gen on the transmission) and replaced that. No change. Today installed a new reman'd starter assembly, still nothing... When I turn the key it doesn't crank but I hear what sounds like a cycling buzz.

Anyone have any ideas as to my next step? Ignition? Fuel pump? Maybe a bad relay somewhere? (Anyone has a diagram or knowledge of what each relay along the radiator support is?) I've never been able to store anything in my truck, as it always has had a gasoline smell (which has me suspicious of the fuel pump/seal.) Since all the dash indicators funtion and I get the buzzing from the engine compartment, I thing the ignition is functioning fine?