[Silly Little Cars] Interceptors, alternative fuels etc.

Kris Motola kmotola at esoplawgroup.com
Wed Feb 20 17:08:09 PST 2013

That must have taken like 3 days!!

From: silly_little_cars-bounces at lists.sillylittlecars.com [mailto:silly_little_cars-bounces at lists.sillylittlecars.com] On Behalf Of Dan Das Mann
Sent: Wednesday, February 20, 2013 5:07 PM
To: Silly Little Email List
Subject: Re: [Silly Little Cars] Interceptors, alternative fuels etc.

i drove my interceptor from burning man in the nevada desert over the mountains back to San Francisco a few years ago.

On Thursday, February 21, 2013, DanTuel wrote:
My 1996 interceptor has a fair amount of trunk space. More than enough for a trip to the grocery store and a box of tools also. Yes the forks on the interceptors seems to be a weak point. The first one I had suffered fork problems and a rebuild before I got it and they still didn't seem to work right. The forks on my present one are ok so far. The forks are very similar to the Hydra Glide forks on a Harley, Based on the same principles. I had my Interceptor up to 80mph once and its a little scarey. The scariest thing was there was more left in it :-) As far as alternative fuels, I have been running veggie oil, Waste Motor oil and used transmission fluid in my mercedes 300sd diesel and 12 valve diesel truck for 3 years now with very few problems. The biggest secret with any type of alternative fuel is filter filter filter. Thats where most of your problems will lie.

--
- dan das mann
www.dandasmann.com<http://www.dandasmann.com>