[Silly Little Cars] Governer for 1996 Go-4 interceptor

DanTuel dantuel at frontiernet.net
Thu Nov 8 18:20:05 PST 2012

Hi, I have a recently  aquired 1996 GO-4 Interceptor. This is the second one of these I have had and I love them. I also have a Cushman Truckster C-Sat which is kinda a rare bird. It has a 2 speed Centrifigul Clutch Trasmission that is controled by an electric switch. Not the best setup I have ever seen by a long shot. Anyway my question has to do with my GO-4. When I bought it someone had allready turned the Governor up and it will do 75 mph with more left. The problem is that it would cut out at low speeds when you take off. I thought maybe the previous owner had turned the governor up to high so I pulled off the side panel and turned that little silly screw back one turn. Now it won't start. It tries to and even will run a few seconds about every 5th try. I don't know if replacing the governor with another would fix the problem or not but I would give it a shot if someone had one they wanted to sell at a reasonable price. I tried just cutting the black wire but that didn't make any differance so I spliced it back together. Do any of you Go-4 experts out there have any suggestions ? Thanks, Dan