[Silly Little Cars] I'm Gonna Buy a Cushman, I think

Gabriel Goldthwaite ggoldthwaite at gmail.com
Wed May 9 18:41:28 PDT 2012

Hello Folks,

Hope everyone is enjoying this glorious day!  Its been a pleasure reading all the fascinating discussions, sage advice, etc over these past months!

I believe it is time that I officially join the ranks and buy me a Cushman!  I'm gonna go check out a 1990 Cushman that popped up on craigslist (up the coast a ways).

I would really appreciate some tips on how to approach the purchasing process.

-What questions should I ask the current owner?
-What are important legal issues/documents that I need to consider?
-Is it worth trying to find a mechanic to take a look at it?
-When I go check it out, are there some specific things that I can look for on my own that let me know if the Cushman is in decent condition or really needs help?
-Any other advice?

Thanks so much guys!

Cheers,
-Gabe