[Silly Little Cars] Museum error

Bryan Lowe spaceaxe at gmail.com
Thu Mar 22 13:39:24 PDT 2012

Thanks for the post about the three wheel mailtrucks in the museum.

I've owned a 1957 Mailster and a 1960-ish Westcoaster.   The museum
incorrectly identified the westcoaster as a cushman.   As I think many of
you know, the Westcoaster had an Onan engine.. and in my case... a gasoline
heater on the front.  Pretty ugly, honestly.   The Mailster was, I thought,
cute.  Only 8hp, though.  I met a repairman for the postal service once,
and he said they were a severe hassle, saying the drivers just didn't know
how to drive them or treat them... and that created no end of problems.
And now, with all the packages being mailed, they just wouldn't work in
that way either.

--
Bryan Lowe
SpaceAxe at GMail.com