[Silly Little Cars] Registration Question (Cory O'Brien)

James Daniels jimmidan at comcast.net
Tue Jul 24 18:21:17 PDT 2012

I went through a hassle registering my 2002 GO4 Interceptor as a motorcycle. I was told it needed a smog certificate, but smog shops would not do it. They aren't in their database. I took it in to the B.A.R. smog referee. The referee agreed it is a motorcycle. The V.I.N. tag reads motorcycle. The engine tag reads motorcycle. The referee gave me a printout for DMV stating it is a motorcycle. It took six more hours in DMV, but they decided to change the classification in the Sacramento server. I was asked to go to CHP for a V.I.N., as well as engine serial number verification. With all that done, now it's all good. Good luck with yours.