[Silly Little Cars] Silly little car in hibernating in Chicago, anyone ever drive in light snow?, occasional acceleration problem

HAL hal1812 at yahoo.com
Thu Jan 12 09:15:05 PST 2012

I've left my Go-4 downtown near the office where I work since early spring.  It's been great to jump into and go places before I take the train home.  Because of its size, finding free parking is fairly easy.  Chicago allows you to park a motorcycle in areas where you would otherwise need a residential permit for parking on the street, so finding free parking while traipsing out and about is usually easy.
However, we are supposed to get our first accumulation of snow so I drove it 30 miles to store it outside the city until spring.  As I mentioned previously, I picked up a second go-4 that did not run for really cheap (it wasn't running, didn't have the cover over the engine or the full back side, had been converted to some weird use and nobody knew what it was at this auction).  I was tempted to put snow tires on those rims and change them out with my good Go-4 (although I was only planning on driving it after the streets had been reasonably cleared).

While I know most of you guys are out west, I wondered if anybody on the list has ever driven one with snow tires in perhaps a light snow (just in case I got caught in a little bit).

On another note, last night I had the vehicle going a bit above 55mph for the first time.  My previous record was 49 mph.  It appears that the city of Chicago must have messed with the governor before I purchased it  from them.  However, I occassionaly have a problem where it doesn't seem to want to accelerate past 30mph.  Anyone else have that issue?