[Silly Little Cars] SLC vs. Calif. DMV

RENZO SEES thesees1 at gmail.com
Fri Mar 18 16:53:13 PDT 2011

Having huge problem w/ DMV re: my Cushman ex-Meter Maid. Have any of you had
any experience with this?
1 hour at counter last time/2 hrs today. They insist it has to be reg as a
Commercial Vehicle cuz it has open bed(not really-its standard
Meter  Maid config) Of course as a Comm Veh it needs to be smogged..Says
'motorcycle' on emission label so Smog Shop sez he cant smog it.
DMV's solution is go to Referee & get Exemption.....Vehicle has been
verified by CHP and DMV, and all MVSS labels are in place identifying it as
"Motorcycle"
DMV Manager sez cuz you dont straddle the seat, and its enclosed, its not a
MC.. Got any good ideas? Maybe there's an 'ombudsman' out there that will
get it done for a fee?? I'd gladly pay!!