[Silly Little Cars] Governor

Alec Bennett wrybread at gmail.com
Mon Aug 15 14:24:03 PDT 2011

On the "passenger side", there's a panel just behind the door when the door
is closed. In other words, close the door, then go a little towards the
back. It has 3 bolts on it if I remember correctly, and the nuts for two of
those bolts are inside the vehicle. The governor is somewhere behind that
panel, usually zip tied to something inside.

The governor itself is a little box connected by a molex style connector (a
little plastic box with a quick release to remove the governor from the
vehicle). It has about 2 feet of wires, and there's about 6 wires in the
assembly. You need to find that box. If you can't find it with that panel
on, remove the panel and it should be easy.

Pull that box outside, and you'll see a tiny screw. You'll need a really
small screwdriver to turn it. I think each turn raises the governor by
another 5 mph. That's how I usually do it. I think you can also cut the
black wire, I'd just go the turn-the-screw route unless you think the unit
is broken.