[Silly Little Cars] Mechanics in sf

Aren Sandersen aren at aren.name
Tue Aug 23 14:15:57 PDT 2011

Hi silly little list --

Long time listener, first time caller.  I've owned a 1996 Interceptor
since April, when I bought it from the City of San Francisco at the
auction in Vallejo.  They go for around $800 there, but you need to have
a registered dealer buy it for you.

I've been inducted to the club quickly: lots of grief at the DMV (it's
still not registered!) two slashed tires (time for a new paint job?) and
lots of turned heads.

Unfortunately it seems to have developed a bit of a fluid leak -- green
and red which sounds like coolant and transmission fluid.  I took it to
a shop in the Mission nearby and they said they didn't have a lift that
could hoist it enough to get underneath it (due to the three wheels, I
suppose).  Which mechanics in the city (Mission preferred) are
accustomed to servicing these things?

Thanks,
Aren