[Silly Little Cars] alert: $600 electric cushman in possibly great condition in SF....

Alec Bennett wrybread at gmail.com
Wed Nov 18 20:38:21 PST 2009

So I just looked at an electric Cushman in San FRancisco. In theory its in
great shape, I think its a '94, only 8000 miles. Hard doors. Obviously well
taken care of. He says the brakes are good. Has a new inverter or whatever
that switch on the electrics between the batteries and the engine that
always fails and is hard to find is called. He says the batteries are good,
but it wouldn't start when I looked at it because they have no place to
charge it. Brand new sealed Optimus cab battery. Comes with the giant 220v
charger.

I was going to take it, but on second thought I'll probably just wind up
getting stranded all over town since I'm too lazy to charge it every night.
I think its a super good deal, even if you need new batteries.

He said a few other people inquired, but its mine until Thursday 5pm to make
the decision on. So if you want it let me know.

One caveat: it doesn't have a plate on it. I forgot to ask about
registration issues. I don't know if that'll be a hassle or not, but its
something to think about.