[Silly Little Cars] San Francisco tow for a Cushman?

Alec Bennett wrybread at gmail.com
Sun Aug 16 22:31:06 PDT 2009

Crap! Hopefully this is just more mis-information from the DMV, since lord
knows I've gotten a lot of it. But yeah it would make sense. The funny part
is why didn't they just tell us this earlier?

As far as insurance, I highly recommend calling Dyan, she's great, loves
Cushman and probably Interceptors, jumps through all the hoops for you and
is cheap to boot. I think I'm paying like $80 a year? And I don't have a
moto license.

Dyan Allen
California Services
(858) 509-4800

Let me know if that number doesn't work.

On Sun, Aug 16, 2009 at 6:57 PM, Dan Das Mann <dandasmann at gmail.com> wrote:

> this conversation actually uncovers an important issue. as is turns out,
starting the first of THIS year, all enclosed 3 wheel vehicles are now
classified as automobile rather than motorcycle. this is why we have had so
many registration problems. as you may know, it is not possible to smog our
little "cars" because they have no code in the computer to do this. they
must be taken to the referee station to be given permanent smog exemption.
after that you can do a regular reg. there are still some ways to get the
motorcycle reg but ultimately the law has changed and it is really just a
matter of time before they will make us do the change. my friend jack
schroll spent a few days on the phone and finally cracked the code as to why
we have been having so many problems. just though you all might want to
know.
> - dan das mann
> www.headlesspoint.com
> www.dandasmann.com
> www.thebigartexperience.com
>

> On Sun, Aug 16, 2009 at 5:59 PM, Simon Barber <simon at superduper.net>
wrote:

>> The MC license thing may be the key to getting reasonable insurance.
Definitely let us know how Cody's test goes!!! I acutally have a motorcycle
license but it's English - Gieco specifically wanted a US one.

>> Simon
>>
>> C y b e r sAM wrote:
>>>
>>> my signing rep is no longer there.  I signed up before AIG bought them
so things could be different now, but I do get motorcylce towing as a
service that is included with my $100+/year motorcycle policy.  Cushmans
have a good safety record believe it or not (according to a guy who worked
for the Cushman Manufacturer for years).   21st did ask me if I had a
motorcycle license, but it was my impression that i did not need it to sign
up at the time.  I happened to have a motorcycle license and they insure
motorcycles, and you gotta believe that it is safer than a real motorcycle.
  I think that the tricky thing is getting motorcycle insurance without a
motorcycle license.  I can see how this might not jive on paper.

>>> Cody is going to be the first to try and take his motorcycle driving
test on a cushman.  That will be interesting if they let him.

>>> I do recommend getting your motorcycle license.  I was at the DMV once
and I knew I was going to be there a while waiting for my number to come up,
so I took the written test while waiting.  I read the book for about 6
minutes.  They let you take it 3 times in the same visit, and the third time
I passed.  Then I borrowed a friend's motorcycle to do the driving test.  It
was a fun challenge.  I have not rode a 2 wheeled motorcycle since.  I
prefer three wheels and three cylinders.

>>> sAM

 Alec, don't you have coverage through them?  You referred me to them.

used gravity (down little hill) with CC Rider Tow to get it in his truck. is
that possible in your situation?

silly_little_cars at lists.sillylittlecars.com>

270.13.58/2306 - Release Date: 08/16/09 06:09:00

270.13.58/2306 - Release Date: 08/16/09 06:09:00