[Silly Little Cars] Herman Bushman Cushman

B-o-b Gallagher usn at comcast.net
Fri Mar 28 16:47:53 PDT 2008

> can these be legally-driven on the highways?
> how fast can they go?
> I'm looking for a (mobile sun-deck/tea-wagon) Cushman
> up here in Portland...

I am in Keizer (Salem).
Cushman tend to be governed at 35-40 mph.  Disconnect the governor if you
want to go faster...at your own risk.
In Oregon you license them as a motorcycle.  As long as you leave the top on
you don't require a motorcycle endorsement or a helmet.  Take the top off
and you need a m/c endorsement and a can.
I have a couple of them and they are a blast.  This one is at government
surplus in Salem....but it's a non-runner.  They come up on Craigslist all
the time.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1966-3-Wheel-Cushman-NO-RESERVE_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ6722QQihZ016QQitemZ260223391208